Happy Friday!! I am linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for the Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to link up a post about five things or write on their own theme. This week’s theme is “Favorite Indoor Workouts”.
I have to say I’ve had a lot of experience working out indoors especially at home. I like the convenience of working out at home. You don’t have to drive anywhere, don’t have to wait to use equipment, or wait for a class. Working out at home is especially convenient for me because I have two kiddos. I can’t just go out for a run since there’s no one to watch them, but I can get in my workout indoors.
Here are my five favorite indoor workouts/programs right now:
1. Insanity Max:30. I’m currently doing this workout program and it’s insane but gives such a great workout. I love how they’ve incorporated Tabata style workouts into the program, which is when you do a move for 20 seconds and then rest/jog in place for 10 seconds. Here’s a video with some moves from Tabata Strength.
Also, here’s a recent instagram post of my little guy working out with me for a little bit doing Max:30 Sweat Intervals. Love it when he joins in! 🙂
Oops I forgot Instagram only shows 15 sec of video. Here's more video clips. The other one had it playing the clips sequentially. #insanitymax30 #imaxedout #sweatpink #fitfluential #ffcheckin #girlsgonesporty #girlsrunfast #marathonpitstop #motivation #fitfam #fitmom #fitspo #workout #cardio #runner #halfmarathontraining #training #healthychoices #strong #determination #lifestyle #getfit #fitness #exercise #health #fit #instafit #instagood #stayhealthynfit4you #fitsnap
2. PiYo. PiYo is a great program that works great while running. It’s low impact but still high in intensity. It has pilates and yoga inspired moves. I think my favorite workout from PiYo is PiYo Sweat. Here’s a video with some of the moves:
3. Focus T25. Here’s another Shaun T program. I like how these workouts were only 25 minutes long. This is the program that got me more into Beachbody. I had done the original Insanity a while back but I loved how this one was much shorter in length. I love the Speed workouts. These ones are fast paced and always had me dripping sweat at the end. Here’s videos of Speed 2.0 and Speed 3.0.
4. P90X3. This was my first time doing a P90X program. I had heard about P90X but saw how long the workouts were and that put me off. But when I heard there was a 30 minute P90, I thought I’d try it out and I’d say it’s a great program. It was 90 days and I liked the variety of workouts. I could not do pull ups for the life of me or do the crow pose. By the end I was doing real unassisted pull-ups and nailed the crow pose. Here’s a video of some of the moves from P90X3 Accelerator. This ones a great total body workout with lots of leg and plank work.
5. Insanity the Asylum. This is a tough program but I liked how this was only a month long. I liked how it incorporated the Agility ladder. I think my favorite workout from this program was Speed & Agility. Here’s some moves from that workout.
As you can see, I’m showing my love for Beachbody programs. These workouts have really kept me in shape. What are your favorite indoor workouts or programs?
Have a great weekend! Be sure to check out the other great blogs!