Happy early Halloween! I’m linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. This week it’s Free Friday so there isn’t … Continue reading Friday Five: Five Halloween Quotes
Last week’s workouts went well. I’ve just been doing what I felt like and not following a schedule, which is nice. I even ran a virtual 10k. Here’s what I … Continue reading Last Week’s Workout Recap (10/19-10/25)
Note: This post is sponsored by Mighty Nut and Sweat Pink. All opinions expressed are my own. I’ve always enjoyed peanut butter, whether it be in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cookies, … Continue reading Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter Recipe and Giveaway
This was recovery week 2, post marathon. I’ve been taking it easy and am starting to get lazy lol. Sleep is good. I’m not following a schedule since I haven’t signed up for any races for the rest of the year. I plan to pick it up this week. But here’s what I did last week:
Wednesday – Ran 3 morning miles before work.Also, did airplanes with my little guy as well as got in our best bird dog for the #BOSUChallenge. Thursday – Rest Day. It was #FitFamily plank day for the #BOSUChallenge. This is how we planked it out.
It was an okay week. It was fun doing the #FitFamily #BOSUchallenge. The kiddos did great! 🙂 How’d your week go? Hope you have a fantastic week!
This was recovery week after the marathon. If you missed my recap of my first marathon, you can read it HERE. Boy was I stiff on Monday! My legs were definitely feeling it at the joints and I was walking funny. I’m glad it only lasted a day. I probably should have followed some sort of recovery plan but here’s what I did last week:
Monday – Just walked/waddled and took it easy.I did get a #JumpJoyMonday in for the #SweatPink BOSU challenge lol. Tuesday – I did a few minutes of cycling.
Then did some tricep dips for #TricepTuesday. Wednesday – I did some planking for the #SweatPink BOSU challenge. I was side planking and my little guy had something else in mind. He’s like do this and I was like, ok lol.
In the evening I did some easy cycling. Thursday – I decided to do some yoga and did P90X3’s Yoga.
Friday – First run after the marathon, 3 treadmill miles. Saturday – Rest Day
Sunday – Rest Day
It’s been an easy recovery week. I don’t have any races scheduled for the rest of the year but am thinking of signing up for a holiday run or something. It’s a bit weird not having a schedule to follow, which I was so accustomed to with marathon training. But I just found a marathon recovery plan from Hal Higdon that I might use as a guide:
Post Marathon Training: Intermediate
|1||Cross 30 min||3 m run||3 x mile (mar pace)||3 m run||Rest||30 min tempo||45-75 min run|
|2||Cross 30-40 min||4 m run||3 x mile (10-K pace)||4 m run||Rest||35 min tempo||60-90 min run|
|3||Cross 30-50 min||5 m run||3 x mile (5-K pace)||5 m run||Rest||40 min tempo||90 min run|
|4||Cross 30-60 min||5 m run||30 min tempo||3 m run||Rest||Rest||Race|
I’m a marathoner!! Yay! But, oh my, what an experience. My first marathon was not what I expected. I almost did not run, especially with my husband nagging me not … Continue reading My first Marathon – The Portland Marathon Race Recap
This was my last week of training leading up to the Portland Marathon. My training went well but unforeseeable events on Friday/Saturday led to my just happy to finish the marathon goal. Note to self: do not have sushi close to race day. Here’s what I did last week:
Tuesday – Ran a nice 3 morning miles.Wednesday – Ran my virtual 5 miler from Running on the Wall. They have great virtual races and other cool running products!Thursday – Rest Day
Friday – Rest Day
Also, check out my post on the #BosuStrong #SweatPink Challenge where you can win a BOSU! HERE
This week is the very last week of the #bosustrong challenge that has inspired me to keep moving and sharing my fitness journey. Before starting the challenge, my goal was to complete the whole challenge and now that we’re in the final week I plan to continue rocking the rest of it.
Here’s a favorite pic from last week’s challenge:
- I am determined.
- I will always find time to run or workout.
- I never give up on my goals.
- I do my best in all that I do.
- I love to run and workout.
- I am inspired to try new things like more yoga and try headstands/handstands.
- I love to encourage others to be healthy and fit.
- I have the best support from my family.
- I am proud of completing my first marathon.
- I hope to inspire others.
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 4, SHOW US YOUR #BOSUSTRONG! (10/5-10/9):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 10/5: It’s #moveitmonday. Show us how you’re moving it this Monday. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 10/6: It’s #tempotuesday! Show us what makes you #BosuStrong! @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: It’s #triceptuesday and we want to see what makes you #BosuStrong. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 10/7: Planks, planks and more planks! Plank it out and show us how you’re #BosuStrong @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ it this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 10/8: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body move – the one that truly makes you feel #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Give us a #tbt of your favorite moment of this challenge #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 10/9: #FreeFriday. Show us your #BOSUstrong! #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Let’s all celebrate the final day of the challenge with dolphin pose! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Notes: You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).