Another Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half marathon is in the books! This was my third time running the Seattle Rock’n’Roll race and it was another awesome experience especially since I ran with MyTeam Triumph. … Continue reading 2016 Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon Recap
This was my second time running the Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon and it was another great experience. The race was scheduled to start at 7 am so my morning started really early, around … Continue reading 2015 Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon Race Recap
It was the final training week leading up to the Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon on Saturday. I continued with the Runner’s World Run Streak and it’s been 21 days now! … Continue reading Last Week’s Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon Training Workouts Recap and Weekend Update (6/8-6/14)
Happy Friday! I am linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to link up a post about five things on their theme or you can write five things about your own topic. This week’s theme is “5 Races to Run in 2015”. Here are five races that I think are awesome and I’m running this year:
1. Mommathon 5k 10k Fitness Festival – 2/28/15. This one’s coming up soon! It’s being put on by my local Mom’s Run This Town group and Uberthons. What’s cool about this one is that it’s not just a 5k or 10k race, it’s also a fitness festival where there are fitness challenges. There will be fitness stations which include tests like how many burpees can you do in a minute, or how long can you hold plank? They also have a virtual option. You can learn more HERE. Check out the cool medal!
2. NYC Half Marathon – 3/15/15. I was lucky to get into this one since it is a lottery event. I’m so happy both my sister and I got in! This one should be fun since I’ll be traveling to the East Coast. I’ll get to run through Times Square and Central Park. It’ll be a nice running tour. I’m excited! Here’s a link to their official page for more info: HERE.
3. Rock’n’Roll Portland Half Marathon – 5/17/15. I love all the Rock’n’Roll Races I’ve done so far. This will be the fourth time doing the Portland race. It looks like they’ve changed the course this year, so I’m excited for that! Improvements include:
- No stopping for trains or traffic relief! (glad this never happened to me)
- New bridges, new streets
- Run through the historic Irvington neighborhood.
Here’s a link to the official Rock’n’Roll Portland page: HERE.
4. Rock’n’Roll Seattle Half Marathon – 6/13/15. I did this race for the first time last year and loved the scenic course! I remember getting a great view of Mt. Rainier, running on the freeway seeing the Great Wheel and Seattle’s sport stadiums. Also, it was nice running along Lake Washington, and there was a sea of blue, military tributes and American flags to remember the honor and sacrifice of our service men and women. It was great!
Looks like they changed the course this year too and they will have a new start and finish line under the Space Needle. Here’s a link to the official page: HERE.
5. Portland Marathon – 10/4/15. This will be my first marathon. It’s listed to be one of the best marathons for first timers in this Runner’s World Article- HERE, in Fitness Magazine- HERE, Fitbie -as one of the 10 Best Beginner Marathons- HERE, and one of the 15 Best Fall Marathon’s in the U.S. from daily Burn- HERE. I’m glad this race is local. Here’s the official Portland Marathon site for more info: HERE.
What is your favorite race for 2015?
The Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon was another great race! I got most of my stuff I was going to wear and bring to the race together the night before and took … Continue reading Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon Recap