I decided to take a week off after the Chicago Marathon and I’m looking forward to doing my first post marathon run tomorrow. If you haven’t checked out my Chicago Marathon recap, you can read it here. I can’t wait to run tomorrow. I’ve been wanting to run and I think my legs feel fine but my coughing is still there from the bronchitis. So I’ve been taking it easy. I have been doing some walking but not a whole lot except on Monday when I was still in Chicago. I didn’t do any workouts so I’ve decided to show you my Fitbit step counts for the week.
- Monday – 20,620 steps. My sister and I woke up early to go to Wildberry for breakfast since we heard great things about the place. Here’s a pic not far from the hotel when we were on our way.Good thing we got to the restaurant early since we got seated immediately, but by the time we left it looked like there was a long wait. It was good. I liked the pancakes.
After breakfast we walked around looking for souvenirs for the kiddos as we headed to the Willis Tower. We passed by the Chicago Theater.Pic of the Willis Tower Globe.We had to get in line to go up to the Willis Tower Skydeck Ledge. It wasn’t terrible waiting but I was surprised there was already a long line when it hadn’t even opened yet. I noticed I could buy tickets on Groupon and used a coupon code…SCORE! So we got in cheaper. The Skydeck ledge is 103 floors high and 1353 ft over the city. Don’t look down…haha.
Pic with my sister on the ledge.Pic with Ferris Bueller. Love this movie! There was a sign celebrating 30 years. Afterwards, I had to go to Garrett’s and get some popcorn. There was an offer in the virtual marathon bag. I ended up getting some free buttery popcorn which my kiddos enjoyed after buying some of the Chicago mix, which is pretty good.For lunch we ended up getting Giordanos for take out. OH MY…so DELICIOUS!! I love pizza and this was soo GOOD!! I’m not sure if it was because I was so hungry after the walking we did or what but it was really good.After lunch, we headed to the airport. I really enjoyed Chicago. It is a great city and highly recommend visiting and running the Chicago Marathon! There’s so much to do!
- Tuesday – 5,727 steps, relaxed after a late flight. We went to the park when the kiddos got home from school.
- Wednesday – 12,240 steps, I went back to work and I walk more at work.
- Thursday – 5,896 steps. Off day from work and I didn’t do a whole lot as you can see from my steps. I went to the doctor and found out I had bronchitis. The kiddos had the rest of the week off so while we waited for my prescription to get filled, my youngest had fun wearing masks lol.
- Friday – 10,719 steps. I walked some on the treadmill but did not record it.
- Saturday – 13,140 steps. I did some treadmill walking again while watching hulu.
- Sunday – 12,684 steps. Back to work.
I’d say it was a good recovery week. I’m ready to start running again. 🙂