It’s Friday! I’m linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. This week’s theme is – National Running Day which was on Wednesday. In honor of National Running Day I’m giving you five reasons I run.
1. To stay healthy and fit. Running is a great way to get in shape as well as maintain fitness and health.
2. To push myself. Running has been a great outlet in allowing me to realize I can do things I would never have attempted. For example, I will be running my first marathon in October. I’ve taken the plunge to do something I thought was crazy before.
3. Because I can. There are many that would love to run but can’t like those in the IRUN4 community. I have an IRUN4 buddy and I’m honored to run for Caysen who has Down Syndrome.
4. Feels good. Especially after a run, I usually feel great. Knowing that I’ve accomplished something good for my body, or finished a race, or went faster or longer than I’ve gone before is awesome! You know the feeling.
5. To be a good example for my kids. I want them to live healthy and active lives.
Why do you run?
Hope you have a great weekend and be sure to check out the other blogs!