Chicago Marathon training week 3 is in the books. So far things are going well and I even felt good after my longest run of the year so far! I’m really liking having a running coach! It’s nice to have Coach Dawn keeping me accountable and posting workouts for me. It’s cool getting different workouts to do like a Fartlek and Uptempo progression run. Here’s what I did last week:
- Monday – Ran 3.01 miles
- Tuesday – Fartlek workout. Warm up 10 min. Then 6 x 30 sec 7:36-7:54 pace with recovery in between. 10 min cool down. That ended up being 3.35 miles.
- Wednesday – Easy 4.01 miles.
- Thursday – Uptempo progression run. 15 min warm up then 1 mile at marathon pace (8:46-8:58), then 1 mile uptempo (8:09-8:32), then cool down 15 minutes. The result was 5.19 miles.
- Friday – 1.01 miles to continue the RWRunStreak.
- Saturday – Easy long run (2:10-2:20) with 2 miles at marathon pace (8:46-8:58). Ran 14.01 miles.
- Sunday – 1.01 miles to continue the RWRunStreak.
Total Miles = 31.59 miles. That’s a good amount of miles for the week for me. I know that number will keep climbing as marathon training progresses. Also, there’s only one more week left of the Runner’s World Run Streak. It will be nice to finish another Runner’s World run streak. Haha, I won’t be continuing because I like my rest days even if it’s not bad running just a mile. I give props to those who keep going!
The highlights of the week included watching Finding Dory. It was funny.
How’d your week go? Have you participated in a run streak?