Happy Friday! I am linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. They’ve changed up their link up and they have general topics for each week of the month. Since it’s the second Friday of the month, this week’s topic is food and drink. But since I missed last Friday’s topic, fitness, and I haven’t shared my goals yet, I’ve decided to give you five of my fitness goals for 2016.
- Run another marathon. I really want to run my 2nd marathon. I am planning on entering the Chicago Marathon lottery with my sister. Hopefully we both get in. I’m still debating on what other races I want to sign up for. It’s hard because I work Sundays and that’s when most races are scheduled. I’ll just have to take those days off.
- Keep up with cross training. I think cross training has made me a stronger runner. Strength training and yoga are things I want to continue with.
- Continue my #PlankADay streak. It kind of goes with cross training but planks have made my core stronger and I feel has helped with my running. I’m currently on streak day 286 of doing at least a minute of forearm planking a day. You can follow my planking streak on Twitter.
- PR. I want to PR on any distance but especially my half marathon time. I feel like I can do it since I was so close on my last half I raced in Seattle.
- Run more miles than 2015. This is going to be tough since I ran so many miles last year. I ran the most I’ve ever ran, 1,312 miles.
What are your goals for 2016?
Be sure to check out the other great blogs!