Happy Friday! I am linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to link up a post about five things on their theme or you can write five things about your own topic. This weeks theme is “Free Friday” so we can write about anything. I’ve chosen to write about five things that have been on my mind this week.
1. Have you heard of the Earthathon Relay? It’s not too late to join in on this fun virtual relay around the Earth. My team #RunderfulRunners is currently in third place and we’d love to add more runners to catch up to second place! 🙂
Earthathon was created by @GoRunHappy last year as a way to motivate others to exercise regularly. It’s picked up and for 2015, he set up ten teams to run a relay around the earth. The teams will combine and complete a total of 250,000 miles, which is the approximate distance to the moon. There will be ten teams but they are just a part of the bigger picture of “One Team, One Planet.” Once a team finishes their leg of the relay, they will help the other teams. When all teams have finished, they will have accomplished finishing a 250,000 mile relay. How cool is that?
All you need is a Twitter account. Learn more here http://earthathonrelay.com/.
Just log your runs/walks/hikes on this form after you sign up: http://earthathonrelay.com/run. The password is: run. We’re a fun, motivating and supportive group! Would love it if you’d join us! 🙂
2. Today’s the last workout (Friday Fight: Round 2) of the two month long program, Insanity Max:30. I can’t believe it’s the last day. It’s been tough and challenging but I’ve seen great improvement in my times. I like the concept of maxing out (the time when you have to take a break for the first time) and you’re pushing to beat your own time each week. It’s a great way to see how far you’ve gone. I feel more stronger and feel it’s helped with my endurance. I like this insane program and will continue to do workouts from it.
3. Saturday will be my first race of the year. I’m excited! I’ll be doing the Mommathon 5k race that’s being put on by my local Mom’s Run This Town group and Uberthons. I blogged about this race previously and it should be a fun one.
4. We bought Big Hero 6 from Target and this is a pic from the back of the case. It’s so cute! The kiddos and I loved the movie!
5. Some really big news, I recently got a job offer and will be starting work again in April. This will be a big change since I haven’t worked since my eldest son was born, six years ago. I’ll be going back to the tech company I had w0rked for previously and will be working a compressed work week schedule. It will be 12 hour shifts and I’d work three days a week every other week and four days the other weeks. The thing I’m not looking forward to is that it will be on night shift. I felt it was time to go back to work but we’ll see how the night shift goes. I used to work nights so I’m familiar with it. I still plan to do all my scheduled races and pace for Uberthons.
Have you ever worked a night shift? Any big weekend plans? Be sure to check out the other blogs in the linkup! Hope you have a great weekend!
14 thoughts on “Friday Five: Free Friday”
The Earthathon sounds like a lot of fun! Best of luck on your transition back to your previous job, especially with getting used to the night shift! I’ve never worked night shift, but my dad did and I remember how tough the transition was for him when he’d change to and from it.
The Earthathon relay is a fun event! Thanks! It will be a tough transition, especially in the beginning.
Congrats on the new job! My oldest is almost eight, and I know the time is coming soon for me to rejoin the workforce, and I’ll admit, I’m a little terrified! 😉 I’m sure it’ll be awesome!
And how have I not joined the Earthathon Relay yet?! It looks like fun! (And it’s been blowing up my twitter account)! 😉
Thanks! I feel ready to go back to work. Haha, there are a lot of people in the relay. 🙂
Oh, my gosh; I used to have a position where I was often on-call overnight and it is definitely tough to get adjusted to that schedule. Hopefully, you will become acclimated and have no trouble at all! Congratulations on the job opportunity; I think it’s so great that you are going back to the company you worked for before your kids were born! Also, congratulations on your Insanity workouts – whew!! That is fantastic! Hope you have a great weekend!
Thanks! I’m happy to have completed another Insanity program! 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
i’ve never worked overnight. the closest i’ve gotten is working nights at a restaurant. congrats on the big change of going back to work! 🙂
Thanks! It will be a big change but I feel ready to go back to work.
Good luck on your 5k race this wkend. I bet you are excited to get back to work after taking many yrs off. Night shift sounds like it may be hard to get used to when you first start.
Thanks! This will be my first 5k in about a year. I am excited to get back to work. 🙂
Earthathon is awesome! We still haven’t seen Big Hero 6 but I’m sure the boys will enjoy it, we’ve got to get it soon. Good luck in your race this weekend, I’m sure you’ll do awesome!!
It is an awesome event! I think they’ll like it. Thanks Sharon!
Big Hero 6 was a brilliant movie! I ugly-cried at the end. More than once.
I have worked night shift before. This weekend, I ran the Big Damn Race Orlando 10K, and am working on a cake for a baby shower. The rest of the weekend will be spent chilling and watching movies because of the rain.
Big Hero 6 was brilliant! 🙂 Sounds like a good weekend! Hope it was!