Happy Friday!! I am linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for the Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to Link up a post about five things or write on their theme. This week’s theme is 5 Things I Like About My Favorite City.
I would say my favorite city is Seattle. I grew up just north of the city and have had some great memories in Seattle. Here are five things I like about Seattle:
1. It’s a beautiful city, especially in the Summer. The skyline is gorgeous and distinguishable with the Space Needle and Mt. Rainer. This is the view from Kerry Park. I remember going to Kerry Park after my wedding for pictures…oh the memories.
2. There’s lots to do. You can watch the flying fish at Pike’s Place Market as well as shop the many other businesses there that include crafts and farmer market type goods. The first Starbucks is at Pike’s Place too. There’s also lots of restaurants to try. I like walking by the waterfront. The Great Wheel is along there and Ivars, a great Fish and Chips restaurant.
Photo taken by S. Hanks
This is by Ivars, the Fish and Chips restaurant where many people have fun feeding the seagulls.
3. Seattle is an active city. There are many parks and lots of races you can sign up for. I did the Hot Chocolate 5k and Seattle Rock’n’Roll Half marathon last year. My first half marathon was the Seattle Half Marathon in 2009. Other races I’ve done in the past in Seattle were the See Jane Run Half, St. Patrick’s Day Dash, and Seattle Jingle Bell Run.
4. Home of the Seattle Seahawks. Love the Seahawks! The Seahawks won the Superbowl last year and are currently in the playoffs this year. I can’t wait to watch the next game! I love the fan support. We went up to Seattle over the holidays and everyone seemed to have a jersey on, especially on game day. It’s awesome!!
5. My last favorite thing about Seattle is that it’s close to family and friends. It’s always great to visit family and friends.
I’m happy that I don’t live too far from Seattle. It’s only about a 3.5 hour drive.
What is your favorite city?
Be sure to check out the other great blogs!