I am linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for the Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to Link up a post about 5 things or write on their theme. This week’s Friday Five theme is Holiday traditions. Here are five traditions we follow in our household.
1. Visit Santa. Each year we visit Santa at least once. There are times when the boys want to see him and other times when they don’t. I manage to get a picture each year with Santa whether at the mall or elsewhere. Here are pics of the boys with Santa in Manitou Springs.
2. Make a gingerbread house. This is also one of my favorite winter activities. The kids love decorating their gingerbread house. Here is this year’s SpongeBob House.
3. Elf on the Shelf. We started this tradition three years ago. My eldest son named the Elf, Perry. I think it was because he liked Perry in the show Phineas and Ferb. Here are a few locations he’s been spotted at this year:
4. Bake cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa. We always have cookies ready for Santa. Santa loves cookies :P.
5. Gift exchange for all the kids in our extended family. Lastly, we do a gift exchange for all the kiddos. Names are drawn and each cousin gets to give one gift to one of their cousins. It makes things easy to focus on one kiddo and a bit easier on the budget.
What Holiday traditions do you have?
Be sure to check out the other great blogs!