My local running group, Mom’s Run This Town Hillsboro/Tigard Chapter and Uberthons are hosting the inaugural 5k 10k Fitness Festival. This event is not just about running but includes optional fitness challenges that could earn you a trophy and title “Fittest of them All”. How cool is that?
The event takes place at Liberty High School, in Hillsboro, OR on February 28. The Mommathon 5k course is USA Track & Field certified which you can check out here. The 10k course runs the 5k course twice.
Here’s the schedule of events:
- 8:35 – 8:50 yoga warmup
- 9:00 10K run starts
- 9:15 5K run/walk starts
- 9:45 – 10:30 Fitness Challenge stations open; stop by at your convenience to test your fitness!
- 9:15 – 11:00 Kid Zone sponsored by WeVillage is open to entertain the little ones with crafts and more!
- 9:30 – 10:45 Sal and the Salamanders entertain us with their musical talents
- 10:30 Kid’s Run
- $30 for the 5K
- $35 for the 10K.
- $20 for virtual option for both 5k and 10k. Includes bib and medal. You can send your time in and be listed on the online results if submitted by February 28th.
- $5 discount for teams of 4 or more.
Anyone can participate, not just Mommas. Be sure to register early. The first 20 to register get $10 Foot Traffic Discounts. The first 50 will go in a drawing to win Skora Fit shoes. You can register HERE.
A portion of the proceeds will be going to Girls on the Run of Portland.
Not only does everyone get an awesome medal, the same stunning and huge type that Uberthons always gives out, but everyone has a chance to win some incredible prizes.
The overall male and female winners of the 5k and 10k will receive a 28″ trophy and a $50 gift certificate to Dick’s Sporting Goods. The overall male and female winners of the fitness festival will receive a massive 3-tier holographic trophy supplied by KNC Trophies as well as a $50 gift certificate to Dick’s Sporting Goods.
Age-group winners in the 5K and 10K will receive a 1 month membership to LA Fitness.
There will also be a raffle for the following:
- Foot Traffic – 9 gift cards
- McMenamins CP Roadhouse – 3 gift cards
- Massage Envy – 3 gift cards good for a free massage
- Another Mother Runner has donated an awesome runner’s gift pack.
Here’s info on the optional fitness challenge:
Angel’s Fit Body Boot Camp will host a series of fitness challenge stations that you may visit after completing the race. The challenges are as follows:
- Push-Ups: How many can you complete with good form until failure?
- Planks: How long can you hold the plank with proper form, on either elbows or hands and toes?
- Tire Flips: How many can you complete in 1 minute?
- Jump Ropes: How many can you complete in either a) 2 minutes or b) until you miss, whichever comes first?
- Burpees: How many can you do in one minute?
Points will be awarded to age group winners for the 5K and 10K and top 5 overall in the fitness challenges. In order to earn points, you must complete the challenges by 10:30 am.
The male and female with the most points will earn the title “Fittest of Them All”. Do you have what it takes?
Winners will be announced approximately at 10:45 am and must be present to take home trophy.
I’m excited for this event. I love how it’s not just a running event and incorporates fitness challenges. Hope to see you there! 🙂
If you’re out of state, be sure to think about doing the Virtual option. The medals from Uberthons are awesome! For more information from the official page, click here.