The Portland Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon is an annual race for me. I have been running it since the inaugural one in 2012. I love the big crowds that cheer us … Continue reading 2015 Rock’n’Roll Portland Half Marathon Race Recap
It was race week and I still somewhat followed the Nike Coach from the Nike Running App. The pic below shows what was scheduled.Here’s what I did:
On Saturday, the kiddos and I took the Max train to the Oregon Convention Center, where the Portland Rock’n’Roll Expo was held. It’s nice to take the Max train since the Convention Center is right on the Max train line. It’s nice and easy for me since we live close to the Max and I don’t have to worry about finding parking and whatnot. The kiddos enjoy taking the train too.The Portland Rock’n’Roll Expo was decent sized, not huge but still had many big vendors. Packet/Bib pickup was easy. Here’s a pic of the shirt and my bib:
I thought the mirrors in the Brooks Merchandise area were amusing. They had sayings on them like the one below.
There also was a Brooks photo booth that was fun. You could pick out the signs to hold.
After the Brooks Merchandise area was the rest of the vendors. Here was the entrance to them.Here’s a fun pic we did at the Toyota booth.
The only thing I bought was nuun. I love the fruit punch and watermelon flavors. On Sunday was the race. Here’s my finisher’s medal. Race recap coming soon. How did your weekend go? Hope you have a great week ahead!
I’m linking up with Tara from Running ‘n’ Reading for the Weekend Update.
Happy Friday! I am linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to link up a post about five things on their theme or you can write five things about your own topic. This week’s theme is “5 Races to Run in 2015”. Here are five races that I think are awesome and I’m running this year:
1. Mommathon 5k 10k Fitness Festival – 2/28/15. This one’s coming up soon! It’s being put on by my local Mom’s Run This Town group and Uberthons. What’s cool about this one is that it’s not just a 5k or 10k race, it’s also a fitness festival where there are fitness challenges. There will be fitness stations which include tests like how many burpees can you do in a minute, or how long can you hold plank? They also have a virtual option. You can learn more HERE. Check out the cool medal!
2. NYC Half Marathon – 3/15/15. I was lucky to get into this one since it is a lottery event. I’m so happy both my sister and I got in! This one should be fun since I’ll be traveling to the East Coast. I’ll get to run through Times Square and Central Park. It’ll be a nice running tour. I’m excited! Here’s a link to their official page for more info: HERE.
3. Rock’n’Roll Portland Half Marathon – 5/17/15. I love all the Rock’n’Roll Races I’ve done so far. This will be the fourth time doing the Portland race. It looks like they’ve changed the course this year, so I’m excited for that! Improvements include:
- No stopping for trains or traffic relief! (glad this never happened to me)
- New bridges, new streets
- Run through the historic Irvington neighborhood.
Here’s a link to the official Rock’n’Roll Portland page: HERE.
4. Rock’n’Roll Seattle Half Marathon – 6/13/15. I did this race for the first time last year and loved the scenic course! I remember getting a great view of Mt. Rainier, running on the freeway seeing the Great Wheel and Seattle’s sport stadiums. Also, it was nice running along Lake Washington, and there was a sea of blue, military tributes and American flags to remember the honor and sacrifice of our service men and women. It was great!
Looks like they changed the course this year too and they will have a new start and finish line under the Space Needle. Here’s a link to the official page: HERE.
5. Portland Marathon – 10/4/15. This will be my first marathon. It’s listed to be one of the best marathons for first timers in this Runner’s World Article- HERE, in Fitness Magazine- HERE, Fitbie -as one of the 10 Best Beginner Marathons- HERE, and one of the 15 Best Fall Marathon’s in the U.S. from daily Burn- HERE. I’m glad this race is local. Here’s the official Portland Marathon site for more info: HERE.
What is your favorite race for 2015?
Today was the Portland Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon. This was my third time doing Portland’s Rock’n’Roll Half. I like doing this race because it’s a fun one with an awesome and … Continue reading 2014 Portland Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon