I thought this was an awesome race! It’s not everyday that you get to run in the streets of New York City with 19,455 other people. We ran through a great … Continue reading NYC Half Marathon Recap
Tag: NYC Half Marathon
Last Week’s Half Marathon Training Workouts Leading Up to the NYC Half Marathon (3/9-3/15)
It was tapering week so there wasn’t much to this week training wise. I wasn’t able to get one of the 3 mi jogs in due to traveling and switching days around. But all my training paid off when I ran the NYC Half Marathon.
Here’s what the My Asics plan had scheduled for last week:
Here’s what I did:
Monday – I tried Yoga Fix Extreme from 21 Day Fix Extreme. I’m still a newbie at yoga. I liked how this one has a modifier as well as other options to follow.
Tuesday – I did the 5 mi Build up run. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get the run done on Wednesday since I was traveling.Wednesday – Rest Day.
Thursday- Ran 3 miles with my sister.Friday – Rest Day.
Saturday – Rest Day.
Sunday – NYC Half Marathon. Recap coming later this week.
It was a fun and busy week for me, which I enjoyed! How’d your week go?
Friday Five: Five Races to Run in 2015
Happy Friday! I am linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to link up a post about five things on their theme or you can write five things about your own topic. This week’s theme is “5 Races to Run in 2015”. Here are five races that I think are awesome and I’m running this year:
1. Mommathon 5k 10k Fitness Festival – 2/28/15. This one’s coming up soon! It’s being put on by my local Mom’s Run This Town group and Uberthons. What’s cool about this one is that it’s not just a 5k or 10k race, it’s also a fitness festival where there are fitness challenges. There will be fitness stations which include tests like how many burpees can you do in a minute, or how long can you hold plank? They also have a virtual option. You can learn more HERE. Check out the cool medal!
2. NYC Half Marathon – 3/15/15. I was lucky to get into this one since it is a lottery event. I’m so happy both my sister and I got in! This one should be fun since I’ll be traveling to the East Coast. I’ll get to run through Times Square and Central Park. It’ll be a nice running tour. I’m excited! Here’s a link to their official page for more info: HERE.
3. Rock’n’Roll Portland Half Marathon – 5/17/15. I love all the Rock’n’Roll Races I’ve done so far. This will be the fourth time doing the Portland race. It looks like they’ve changed the course this year, so I’m excited for that! Improvements include:
- No stopping for trains or traffic relief! (glad this never happened to me)
- New bridges, new streets
- Run through the historic Irvington neighborhood.
Here’s a link to the official Rock’n’Roll Portland page: HERE.
4. Rock’n’Roll Seattle Half Marathon – 6/13/15. I did this race for the first time last year and loved the scenic course! I remember getting a great view of Mt. Rainier, running on the freeway seeing the Great Wheel and Seattle’s sport stadiums. Also, it was nice running along Lake Washington, and there was a sea of blue, military tributes and American flags to remember the honor and sacrifice of our service men and women. It was great!
Looks like they changed the course this year too and they will have a new start and finish line under the Space Needle. Here’s a link to the official page: HERE.
5. Portland Marathon – 10/4/15. This will be my first marathon. It’s listed to be one of the best marathons for first timers in this Runner’s World Article- HERE, in Fitness Magazine- HERE, Fitbie -as one of the 10 Best Beginner Marathons- HERE, and one of the 15 Best Fall Marathon’s in the U.S. from daily Burn- HERE. I’m glad this race is local. Here’s the official Portland Marathon site for more info: HERE.
What is your favorite race for 2015?