It’s Friday, woohoo! Happy Friday! I’m linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. This week it’s Free Friday so … Continue reading My Five Must Have’s for Marathon Training
It’s Friday the 13th! I am linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to link up a post about five things or write on their own theme. This week’s theme is “Love”. So I decided to write about five running related items I’m loving right now.
1. Wireless Headphones. I love listening to music when I run and I am loving wireless headphones! I just got these a couple of weeks ago. I usually like to whip out my phone and take pictures and not having to deal with the headphone cord is AWESOME! I’m using the Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Secure Fit Earphones and they work great. They don’t fall out when I run. I tried a different brand’s headphones and they just kept falling out after a while. Yurbuds are still my go to brand. I was lucky these were on sale and my hubby had a gift card. Since I’ve tried wireless, I’m not going back.
2. Injinji Socks. I love these socks! I won a pair in a giveaway a long time ago and I keep going back to these socks when I run. I just bought a new pair a couple of days ago. I dunno, my feet are comfortable in toe socks. I like how they’re lightweight and I don’t get blisters using them.
3. Strava. I just recently started using this App that tracks running or other activities like cycling. It’s a great way to keep track of your runs and look at your running data. I love how the GPS seems to be more accurate than Runkeeper since I’ve compared it with my Garmin. While running it’s great because you can setup audio notifications for every mile or half mile. It also syncs with Instagram so you can see your pics associated with your runs. Another neat feature is that it compares the same distance runs you’ve ran in the same location, or matched runs as they call it, and you can see the data on a chart. Pretty cool!
4. Beachbody’s Results and Recovery Formula. I’m really loving taking this recovery drink, especially on the days I do double workouts, where I run and then do an Insanity Max:30 workout. I think it’s really helping with having less soreness. I like how it has the 4:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio and tastes like an orange creamsicle.
5. Race-Kred runner charms. I’m loving the Race-Kred 13.1 runner charm I got to review. It’s a cool reminder of my accomplishment of running a half marathon. Love how it looks on my shoe! Full review and giveaway coming soon. Stay tuned.
What running item are you loving right now? Hope you have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Be sure to check out the other blogs in the linkup!