The holiday season is upon us. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and holiday feasts await. It’s always hard to stay on track and be healthy during the holidays. There’s so many … Continue reading Five Ways To Stay Healthy During the Holidays
The holiday season is coming soon. It’s always hard to stay on track and be healthy during the holidays but here are five ways to help you.
1. Have a plan. I find it helps to have a plan and follow a schedule. If you don’t have a plan, you will most definitely get sidetracked and spend wasted time trying to figure out what you should do. If you have a plan or schedule, at least you have something to follow to try and stick with. Pick a running plan or workout schedule that you can stick with that goes throughout the holiday season. I like Beachbody DVD Workout Programs like Focus T25 that come with a calendar schedule so you know exactly what workouts you need to do for each day, or for running, there’s Hal Higdon’s free training plans.
2. Have an accountability partner/partners. An accountability partner or partners will totally help you follow your plan. They’ll help motivate you and it will help knowing that you’re not alone, especially during the Holidays when it’s hard to workout on vacation. It’s nice sharing with others what you’ve accomplished to stay accountable and the encouragement helps motivate you to follow the plan.
3. Sign up for a Holiday Race or Event. I think it would help to sign up for a Holiday Race or Event. It’s a commitment. That way you know that you’ll be burning calories at the event as well as having the training that leads up to it.
4. Drink lots of water. After eating, and I’m sure there will be lots of holiday goodies, water helps flush out toxins. Also, many times you think you might be hungry but are just thirsty. So be sure to drink lots of water.
5. Sneak in a workout anywhere, anytime. Do the little things like park further away to get a good walk. Do squats while brushing your teeth. I also like to use exercise apps that allow me to work out anywhere. There are many exercise apps that allow you to do workouts anywhere even if you’re short on time. I have the Seven app which gives you a seven minute total body workout. I remember using it in the airport the last time we traveled to get a quick workout in.
How do you stay on track during the Holidays?
I am linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for the Friday Five Linkup. Every Friday they have a linkup for bloggers to Link up a post about 5 things or write on their theme. Check them out!