It’s Friday, woohoo! Happy Friday! I’m linking up once again with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?! and Mar on the Run for their Friday Five Linkup. This week it’s Free Friday so there’s no set theme. I have decided to blog about five things that I’ve come to love and need while I’ve been marathon training. Here are my five must have’s for marathon training besides good shoes and my Garmin:
- Nuun – I’ve been drinking it on my long runs past 8 miles and love it! It’s packed with electrolytes and has no added sugars. My favorite flavors are watermelon and fruit punch.
- Simple Hydration Water Bottle – I love these bottles! When I did my first 20 miler, I used two of them on my FlipBelt. It worked great and I had about 26 oz of nuun with me. Check out my review from last year, HERE.
- Injinji Socks – These socks have grown on me and I always seem to come back to wearing these especially on race day. I haven’t had any blisters yet. They feel nice, lightweight, and comfy.
- Gels – I’ve been using Gu while training and bought a bunch when they were on sale for .99 at REI. When I did my 20 miler I took one about every 45 minutes and ended up using 3 gels. I could’ve taken another gel but didn’t have much further to run and felt fine.
- FlipBelt – Love the FlipBelt since it carries my iPhone 6 nicely! My phone fits nice and snug and I’m able to whip out my phone easily to take pics on the run. Also, it has a key clip to clip your keys for more security. Check out my review from last year, HERE.
Those are five things I use and need for marathon training. I’ll be using them on my first marathon race coming up soon. What do you like to use when running long?
Hope you have a great weekend and be sure to check out the other blogs! 🙂